Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Truck Swims in Green Pastuers

On a sweet whim I drove up paid the meager seven dollar fee and dropped my truck into nuetral. I felt the random urge to smile, even giggle as a small child does. I was about to go through the car wash! The first pass, all is well I sit back and listen whilst the rain-like gush of the power hoses envelope my truck, this is so very sweet! It occurs to me that at times in our lives we find ourselves in experiences which remind us of childhood days. These experiences take us back to the simple emotions and pleasures which life was full of those days. For me these experiences include a sense of unalterable happiness. I revel in walking upon the crispy alder leaves in the fall, taking a bubble bath, or splashing through muddy spring puddles. This is the stuff of life! As I get older I forget these frivolous foundations of days gone by. I grasp at the occasional glimpse I get. Some may say that we are 'too old' or perhaps that there is 'no time', but aren't these moments the important ones? The ones which we too rarely allow to pass us by only to look back and wish we had made the time? If one never realizes that they are sitting on the beach then they will never see the vast ocean which spans the horizon. If you find yourself wanting, then get to doing, and the wanting will turn to being...

2 comments:

Leukos said...

This makes me think of how Katie must feel thinking back to these bygone days from her infinately older perspective. Ah well, having only my younger, smarter, better looking perspective to rely on, I must say I enjoy these moments as well. It is not your age or location that determines your happiness, it is your attitude. And the key to that is willingness to grab these instants and squeeze all the fun you can from them. Definately do not let life get away from you, and don't pass by opportunites that you may never get again. I mean eventually you will be as old as Katie... and then you will feel silly for passing them up!

Leukos said...

Ps. I quite enjoy your writing style. You should make more time to write, and use less '....'s, and some spellcheck (I always have to as well).